Partner for the Entire Software Lifecycle
With our competent services in the areas of consulting, development, maintenance, and IT operations & services we accompany you in a long-lasting partnership throughout the entire lifecycle of your software product: From the initial design, through the professional development and distribution to operation in the field and related maintenance and support jobs. In this way, we generate the maximum benefit for you.
With our Lifecycle Management, we create a customized package for you that include various consulting, development and maintenance services. This package is tailored to suit your specific needs, flexible enough to adapt to changing requirements in the future.
Your advantages from a Lifecycle Management partnership with us
- We augment your own strengths in precisely those places where you need and request assistance
- Our entire range of expertise is at your disposal
- With it, you are heading in the right direction for the development of a successful software product
- A longtime partnership gives you and us planning reliability and stability
- You save costs for unnecessary transfer of knowledge after the development stage
An Overview of a Typical Software Product Lifecycle
The general product requirements from the end-users’ perspective, the company’s perspective, the market’s perspective and also the regulatory body’s view are defined in this initial phase. This shapes the technical main characteristics of the product. The fundamental design of the product is defined together with its most important functionality in the form of a vision document.
This phase covers the development of a market-ready software product. This is usually done in the scope of a software development project, which implements specified software functionalities in one or in multiple iterations. The typical core activities of software development are revisited, from the user requirements analysis, through architecture and design, to implementation and testing.
The finished software product is marketed and sold either as an individual solution or as a component in larger systems (machine, controls and complex software systems).
Post-market, the functionality of the software must be made available to end-users:
- Deployment as an embedded solution on a piece
- Local installation on the targeted device via installation script
- Central deployment as web-application or as a service
- Installation on mobile devices (apps)
- Project-specific integration in existing systems (commissioning)
The end user needs assistance to solve problems and to answer questions concerning a software application. Any reported problems that arise from defects during operation must be collected, corrected and a solution must be re-distributed to the end users in the form of an organized release & patch process. Software products need to be updated or upgraded according to changes market-relevant changes. Ultimately, if the manufacturer no longer wants to support a software product or a system in which the software is embedded, they must give ample notice to the end-users and plan for phase-out, which may last several years.